Saint Anthony’s Friar Sports Camp Medical Staff includes a full-time Registered Nurse and Certified Trainers from Provident Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation.
The friendly highly-credentialed physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training, and support staff at Provident Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation are dedicated to helping each of our patients get back in the game and achieve their goals.
Steven C. DeSousa, PT, DPT, MA, OCS
Executive Director of Provident Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
DPT: Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Board Certification: Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy (OCS)
Certifications: Hand and Upper Extremity Rehabilitation, Drexel University; ORTHONET-credentialed physical therapist; MPN-credentialed physical therapist
MA: Physical Therapy, Touro College, Bay Shore, NY
BS: Human Health Sciences, Touro College
American Physical Therapy AssociationAthletic trainer for the US OPEN Tennis Tournament in ’97 ’98 ’99 ’04 & ’05 National Football League with the New York Jets in ’90 as an intern
Edward J. Modica, ATC, EMT
After 20 years working as an Athletic Trainer, Coach Edward J. Modica, ATC, EMT is starting a new chapter in his life at Provident Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation as Head Athletic Trainer for VAST at Saint Anthony’s High School. Coach Modica is looking forward to an exciting future working for a highly prestigious sports program.
Coach Modica graduated from Hofstra University with a major in Exercise Physiology and Athletic Training. His athletic training experience includes:
- 11-year position as Head Athletic Trainer for Molloy College in Rockville Centre
- Personal Assistant to world-renowned orthopedic doctor Irving V. Glick, MD and orthopedic surgeon Kenneth D. Montgomery, MD (Newsday’s Top Doctors).
- Head Athletic Trainer for the New York Dragons Arena Football where he worked for 8 seasons.
- Athletic trainer for the US OPEN Tennis Tournament in ’97 ’98 ’99 ’04 & ’05
- National Football League with the New York Jets in ’90 as an intern